Thursday, January 7, 2010

Craft store.

There is a certain craft store in Queensbay, that I have blogged about before.

I don't like the shopkeeper.

I remember how uncomfortable he made me felt the moment I entered that shop. You know those shopkeepers that follow you around the store because they want to make sure you don't steal anything? The ones that aren't really as "stealthy" as they think.

I've actually tried this out once xD I went into a store, and there was a mirror in front of me. I saw the shopkeeper immediately on my tail. So I walked, and she followed. I stopped, she stopped (saw all of this on the mirror) I took one step, she took one step. I was giggling lolol.

ANYWAY, it's that same uncomfortable feeling. But he doesn't have to move anywhere, it's a small shop. He just stands behind the counter and his eyes follows me around. Everything I touch, he feels he has to explain it. I started to feel like he was treating me like an idiot. But he doesn't do the same to other customers. Is it just me? Is this a racism thing? Malays look stupider? wtf D: that's a big accusation there, but being cooped up in my house for a week has made me lose my manners in society.

So yeah, but it's the only craft store in Penang that I know of. Besides the one in BJ that was closed down a couple of years ago (Now replaced by another freaking computer shop), I don't know anywhere else I can find yarn. Or the tools needed.

So I'm going to have to toughen up, and march into that store, and listen to everything he says, TO GET MY YARN!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read the rules of a seller and one of them is to not follow customers or stand near to them as it will make them feel uncomfortable.Clearly he/she didn't follow the rule