Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Simply Islam.

It's quite rare for me to do a post like this, considering very few read my blog (and by very few, I mean only Amelia and Onion, lol.) and the majority (all) of my readers are non-muslim. But that's okay, because i'm a reader of my own blog, so this also serves as a reminder for me.

I think a lot of people have this impression that Islam is a very complicated religion, with lots of rules regulations. Fact is, if it wasn't, would you believe it? Of course Islam has a lot of rules and regulations, it has to cover a wide range of topics, because after all, it's religion. And what kind of religion would it be if it couldn't help you with life? If it couldn't give you answers and guide you in situations?

Anyway, let's push that aside. As always, it's only as complicated as you want it to be. Fact is, a Muslim really only has to do 5 things in their entire life:

1) Pronounce syahadah.
2) Pray the compulsary 5 prayers every day.
3) Fast during Ramadhan.
4) Pay zakat.
5) Pilgrimage to Mecca.

Only these 5 things, and you're set. Besides of course being an overall good person. It's that simple.








No comments: