Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Photography and me.

Currently listening to Air Supply songs. I remember thinking how gay the songs are when I was 7-9 years old when my dad used to listen to them. Over the years though I've developed a taste for their songs xD very nice.

Anyway, this post isn't about music. It's about photography. And how much God probably doesn't want me to be a photographer. D:

Some time in the past few months, I've been given my brother's old 400D canon camera. I don't think I made much of an impression on dad about how I can handle it xD so far I've left it on the table with the strap falling over the side (if anyone passes through and accidentally pulls the strap along, the camera would've fallen onto the floor), left it on the garden fence (bu-but, I was trying to save the cat D:) and tried taking pictures while dad was painting something right above me xD.

And the pictures i've taken aren't exactly worthy of your eyes D: they're mediocre/crap. I'm still learning how to use the freaking camera xD My brother gave me this manual to read and it's roughly 300-400 pages. Lol i'm only on page 100+...I dunno. Haven't continued reading for weeks already.

Now the main reason why I said God probably doesn't want me to be a photographer is because so far there have been a few incidents where there are absolutely amazing photos to be taken, and I didn't take them.

Example 1:
It hasn't been raining for weeks in Penang. The weather was hot and dry. Everyone got fevers. But then came a day where it was raining so heavily xD heaaaaven~. The night before, there were a lot of clouds in the sky. Really thick lucious clouds, and they were all lined up in hundreds of thick rows, almost leading towards the moon which was very full and bright at the time. It was effing' epic okay D:


...unfortunately for me, my camera battery had ran out earlier that day. Joanne, i'm looking at you xD and there was no time to charge it, I had just reached home. The clouds would've probably gone out of line or something. 'THE picture" wouldn't have been as good.

Example 2:
I thought CNY was over xD but apparently some people were still celebrating. I was going out to dinner with my parents and decided to leave the camera at home. When I was entering the car though, suddenly there were fireworks, really pretty ones. Not the usual ones we get few times a year here xD and they were so close to my house (right behind D:) and I was practically screaming in frustration of leaving the camera in the already-locked house lol.

Ah, such frustrating times. D:

Pfft, doesn't stop me from taking hundreds of pictures of you guys tomorrow anyway. ;D

No comments: