Friday, August 28, 2009

My laptop.

No guys it wasn't taken away. It's near the end of August and my laptop has always been with me, right next to my bed.

I guess it's my own fault for not wanting to get rid of it myself, I admit that it's been distracting me from studying. And I don't blame my parents for anything, although sometimes I wish they'd be more strict on me. Or keep to their word.

And it sucks, y'know? It sucks to realize that at this point in life I still haven't learnt how to be responsible for myself. A few years ago I realized that I had an addiction to the internet. I'd lock myself in my room for hours and stay up till as late/early as 8 am to stay online. I wanted to stop so I told my parents to take the laptop away from me.

I don't remember what happened exactly, but all I remember is my parents not wanting to do that, and that they told me they were trying to teach me about 'self-control'.



3 years later, at 1:26 am, I'm still sitting in the dark, with the light from my mom's laptop shining on my face, posting on my webblog about my internet addiction.

No comments: